German-Ukrainian Agricultural Policy Dialogue (APD), Phase 6
Duration:01/2022 - 12/2024
Client:German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) and GFA Consulting Group GmbH
The goal, as in principle in the previous phases, is to bring Ukrainian actors closer to German and European experiences in shaping agricultural and land policy in a participatory approach and in the dialogue format typical of ODAs, to compare these with the current state of affairs in Ukraine, to derive recommendations for action, and to accompany their implementation in practical policies.
- Improvement of agricultural trade with the EU
- Exchange on the development of rural areas and strengthening of administrations in selected territorial communities
- Use of ODA as a platform for the discussion of key agricultural issues in order to set accents for modern and sustainable agriculture at the political, economic, scientific and social levels
- Development of analyses and compilation of information on key project topics by German and Ukrainian technical experts (e.g. commenting on and monitoring laws, agricultural policy reports, news from the agricultural sector, technical publications, manuals)
- Organization of a technical information tour (FIF) to Germany and Europe on current reform areas and documentation of the experiences of the Ukrainian participants
- Publication of the analysis and information materials as well as the FIF experience reports, if possible in German and Ukrainian language
- Maintenance of a project website in German and Ukrainian language, which provides continuous information on essential core topics of Ukrainian, German and European agricultural policy
- Support in the organization of dialogue and information events (e.g. workshops, round tables, conferences) with governmental and private stakeholders, where the developed analyses, information and recommendations for action are discussed and finalized with decision makers
- Documentation and dissemination of the results of the dialogue and information events in German and Ukrainian
- Broad communication of the results of the dialogue and exchange events, e.g. in the national and international press as well as on TV, the Internet, etc.
- Advice on the implementation of selected priority recommendations for action
- Supporting accompanying advice, e.g. targeted awareness campaigns, promotion of selected civil society organizations and associations, support of bilateral partnerships, promotion of networks
- Documentation and dissemination of the results of the accompanying consulting services
IAK Agrar Consulting GmbH is the lead partner in the consortium with AFC Agriculture and Finance Consultants GmbH and the Leibniz Institute for Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).