Milk production working group
The working group
IAK's milk production working group has been in existence since 2001.
Currently 20 milk producers from Brandenburg, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia are organised in this group. The group meets three times a year (one evaluation and two thematic events) and discusses experiences and all questions related to milk production, including nutrition, animal health, milking techniques and price compensation systems. Discussion topics and an economic evaluation of milk production are presented once a year.
For more information about scheduled events of the milk production working group see the Events section.
The group's objectives
- Improvement of the profitability of milk production operations through identification of weak points, resources, opportunities and tested and proven solutions
- Use of experiences of other members of the group
- Qualification of management staff for in-house evaluation through the use of reference values as developed by IAK and other tools
Development of selected financial key figures among the working group:
The exchange of experience in the working group can be completed by a special advisory service for dairy farming.
- Business branch assessment and comparison
- Annual evaluation meeting
- Thematic Events
- Joint business site visits
- Exchange of experiences and discussions
- Information on agricultural policy
- News from science
- Development trends
- and others
Important physical and financial key figures among the working group:
- Market performance
- Cow and calf losses
- Labour productivity
- Reproduction rate and calving intervals
- Insemination index
- Farm-gate milk price
- Total expenses
- and others
Development of selected physical and financial key figures among the working group:
Currently, IAK staff is advising milk producers with herds of more than 60,000 high-yielding cows with herd performances of approximately 8,000 to 10,000 kg / cow per year.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you are interested to join the working group or need some more information.