Study on value chain development for fruit and vegetable products in Mongolia
The study includes a value chain analysis for four to five agricultural products (vegetables/fruit) in the Selenge Aimag including.
- the analysis of producers, technologies used, production processes, storage and marketing channels
- the development of scenarios with varying degrees of involvement of government agencies in promoting the value chains
- cooperation with local authorities in the preparation and implementation of action plans
- a training needs assessment, the development of training concepts, and the training of vegetable producers, local government staff, and other key stakeholders in the mandal soum
- the adaptation of scenarios and training concepts for value chain promotion and training in other regions of Mongolia.
The implementer is IAK Agrar Consulting GmbH.